Wednesday, January 5, 2011

22 Weeks Down, 16 to Go

I had my week 22 OB appointment today. It started with an ultrasound (#5). Both girls look great -- both growing and gaining and, currently, both head down. Let's hope they stay that way!!

Baby A's stats: measuring 22 weeks, 1 day and 1 pound 1 ounce
Baby B's stats: measuring 22 weeks, 3 days and 1 pound, 2 ounces

My stats: up 5lbs -- thank you holiday eating. This is the only weight gain I've posted so far, so I think that's OK -- 5 pounds in 22 weeks...
Blood pressure 122/78 using the fat lady cuff. Skinny young nurse didn't believe me that I needed it, but I do.
Cervical length is still right around 5cm. Anything over 3 is considered normal for just one baby, let alone two.

I didn't see my regular doctor, but the one I did see said, "You look perfect for carrying just one and even more perfect for carrying two! Great job, mama!"

And I simply cannot believe that there are less than 16 weeks until I hit 38 weeks - that's the point of induction/c-section/twin eviction. Wow...

In fun news, the babies' car seats will be here tomorrow, along with a twin stroller frame for the car seats and 10 Thirsties Snap Wrap cloth diaper covers, size 1. I figure they can get size 2 covers as a Christmas present next year, as I doubt either will hit 18 pounds by 9 months. 18 pounds is the upper limit of the size 1 covers and Violet didn't hit that weight until 1 year.

OHholycowisthispregnancyflyingby!!!

2 comments:

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

5 pounds!? You're doing amazing!

I always needed the big cuff too, and most of the nurses didn't believe me which was really irritating. Maybe they should make the small cuff a little bigger.

The Laughing Librarian said...

Eeeee! So excited! ( And yes, it does seem like this pregnancy of yours is flying by. How does that happen?) :)