Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Own Holiday

Do you know what tomorrow is?  It's no national holiday.  There's no media hype surrounding a premier event.  I'm probably the only one excited about it.

What is it?

I'm taking a whole day off.  It started with a regularly scheduled OB appointment in the morning.  Then the kids' sitter said she had to close for the day for mandatory training, so I didn't really have a place for Violet to go.  Then I added up the hours I've worked the last two weeks and realized that I've put in about 6 extra hours, leading me to decide to take the whole day off in a combination of sick time and comp time.

I think the last whole day I took was back in March when the synchronized skating sectionals came to town and I took the day to go watch.  Nope, wait -- that was just a half day.  Hmm...  I think it's been a lo-o-o-ong while since I've taken a whole day.

So, yeah.  Little miss gets to come to my almost-16 week appointment and will get to hear heartbeats, yay!  This is particularly awesome because Milo came to my 16 week appointment when I was pregnant with Violet because we left directly from the appointment to fly to California for a week-long vacation.  Talk about a funny coincidence -- when your kid is either in school or full-time daycare, they don't generally get to tag along on prenatal appointments, so I'm extra excited for this.

Not to mention that Violet doesn't really get a whole lot of alone time with both of her parents and she will tomorrow, at least for the morning before Scott takes off to pick up rental equipment for the show that puts the biggest dent in our family time.  But the morning?  She's all ours, baby...

And I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

Yay for days off! And baby heartbeats! Hope you have a great day off.

Rhonda Schrock said...

You need it. You should have it. I hope it's wonderful for you, C.

Bless you and your growing little brood,

Rhonda