Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gracias, Mi Amigos!

In the quiet cold of January, I sat restless, feeling complacent, tedious, and dull.  I wasn't sure what my next move was, didn't know where the road was going.  The winter fog surrounded me like middle-age complacency and I was lost.

A thought danced around the edge of my mind, I flirted with if, then pushed it away in a cat-and-mouse game.  Finally, it spoke so loudly that I had no choice but to listen.  It said, "Take your blog public.  Share and connect with others.  Reach out using your voice..."

And I did.

In the last year I have shared triumphs and disappointments, laughter and sorrow.  I write honestly, which can be both brutal and hilarious -- sometimes hilariously brutal.

I am not the best blogger out there and I don't aim to be that.  I'm not the funniest, the most relevant, the most heart-rending, the -est of anything.  I'm not the best writer, the best self-promoter, the most interesting.  I am me and that's good enough for, well, me.


I have been so fortunate that in this exploration I have encountered only support, that I have formed friendships and made connections.  That I feel tapped into a larger part of my world and that I can share something extraordinary with you.

Why am I writing this today?

Over the weekend I hit a milestone I never figured I'd see.  It seems small, but for me it is huge -- I have 100 people following me through Google friend connect.  That's 91 more than when I first started out.  I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for your support, kindness and good thoughts.  They are so much appreciated!  I hope to continue to build upon this relationship and hope that you are interested in watching my journey unfold.

Gracias, mi amigos!

4 comments:

WildThingsMom said...

Babe, somedays it's your blog that allows me to let my children live. =) I have enjoyed this journey with you, and I look forward to what will come. Please, don't ever stop.

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Aren't blogging milestones so exciting - and 100, that's a big deal! Congrats!

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Congrats! These milestones are meaningful! The numbers don;t really matter but I know that each new follower is exciting and makes me even more excited to post and to interact and to become a bigger part of this world. Yay for 100! Keep truckin' sweetie!

vanita said...

even without meaning to be, you're still a great writer and i've enjoyed every word. keep rockin' mama!