Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Stuff of Which Dreams Are Made

For my 200th post, I'd like to share with you a conversation overheard by my hubby as he picked up the boys (Milo and his best bud) from school and took the to the sitter's (best bud's mom).  The young fellows were discussing nightmares.

Best bud had something pretty typical to say -- you know, the normal falling or being chased or monster scenario.

But Milo?  Did he talk of dreams where he was swallowed by a fifty-foot snake or chased through a haunted forest by deranged clowns?  Did he quake retelling a foggy tale of classroom embarrassment?  Shudder at the thought of giant spiders? Oh, no.

His nightmare was far scarier...

Milo said, "My worstest nightmare ever was when I dreamed that someone took my mom away.  That was the scariest because I love my mom and always want to be with her."

It's a mama's dream cone true to hear that her son has the same worst nightmare she does, isn't it?

No comments: