Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jeckyll and Hideous...

Oh, my sweet girl,
Why didst thou transform from sweet toddler to loud preschooler,
convinced that your narrow opinion matters when it comes to
eating your supper,
getting dressed,
washing your hands,
using the toilet,
going to bed,
picking up toys,
setting the table,
walking into the road,
eating too many Oreos,
hitting your brother,
feeding the chickens,
brushing your teeth,
or kissing me goodnight?

And, to myself, please, oh, please may my recent insanity be due to hormonal supplementation.
Please?  Please?  Please?
and more Please?

I have gotten a peek at my future, and I think that the world just might end of your puberty and my menopause align like an eclipse.  Poor Daddy.  Poor Milo. I think they might want to consider building a shelter in the back yard.  They don't really need that much space, do they?

Maybe you and I should get more sleep, huh, babe? 

Disclaimer:  No children were hurt during the making of this post, nor the events that led to the making of this post.  There was just a mommy with low blood sugar and a child pushed way past tired.  And mushrooms, a potty, and pajamas.  Don't ask, it wasn't pretty -- not sure if it was her tears or mine on my shirt.  She did, however, wake up this morning sunny and cheerful and full of hugs.  So did I.

3 comments:

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I have one of those too. So. Much. Fun! :)

Allison said...

i'm sorry it is so difficult for you, but i have to be honest and say that i am always a little relieved when i hear someone else is going through it. now i know this behavior is normal and not the result of bad parenting on my part. so, if nothing else, know that your insanity is a bit of comfort to us other mothers out there.

IASoupMama said...

Thanks for the support! I swear, it's a good thing she's cute and that I love her to pieces... And I'm very thankful that she's back to her sunny self now.