Friday, August 28, 2009

Letter to a Friend

Hello, my dear…

So I hear that you’re gonna have a rack that will FINALLY let you live out your dream of working at Hooters. :)

I have tried writing to you 18 times this week and have hated everything I’ve written. It was too sentimental, then too stoic, and always too exactly not what I wanted to say… I hope that 19 times is the right one.

I love you for being the older sister that I have never had; you and Dan and the kids are the people I include in my chosen family. I want you to know that I will always support you, cry with you, and cheer for you. I don’t want to push too hard, nor distract your energy when you need it so much, but I am with you every step. You have always been in my daily thoughts and will be even more so now. I know that I am too far away to hold your hand, fold your laundry, or to sing silly songs to you, but if I were closer I would do all that for you and your family -- and more.

Please keep us updated if you feel up to it, but I don’t want you to feel pressured to keep us in the loop minute-by-minute.

I’m not sure I got it right with draft 19, but I know that you’re going to be around to read drafts 20, 200, and 2000.

Love you always,
Me

No comments: