It was snowing today when I met Scotty for lunch. April 2 and it was snowing... sigh... I am really ready for winter to be done. I want to put my kids to bed in their totally cute spring jammies! I want to go for a run outside so that I can listen to music and daydream of a bigger house. Or maybe just a cleaner house...
It is going to be a long week for the kiddos -- both Scott and I were gone last night (him for final dress rehearsal and me for synchro) and we're going to opening night of his show tonight together -- so babysitters for two nights in a row. Boo, hiss... It's times like this that I fantasize about winning the lottery.
What are my lotto plans? (After the charitable giving, endowing, and trust-funding, of course)
1. Stop working. Yeah, I like my job, but I'd sure as heck like more time with my kids.
2. Join the gym and take some cardio kick, yoga, and pilates classes. I miss group sweat...
3. Buy a large-ish parcel of land and build a house. Maybe this one: cool house
4. Lasik eye surgery. So that I can see without glasses for a while before I'm old enough to need reading glasses.
5. Get a bigger vehicle. Not that I dislike my clown-car Jetta...
6. Eat organic and HFCS free. Why doesn't the government make this food more accessible to more people? Seriously...
7. Cloth diaper Violet's little tushie! I wouldn't have to work around the "no cloth diapers at daycare" issue since she wouldn't be at daycare. Of course, this could resolve itself if she potty trains this summer.
8. Buy expensive shampoo and cosmetics. I'm Estee Lauder fabulous on a Target budget.
9. Conceive Baby Olinger #3 ASAP. No waiting until Milo is in school so we can afford to complete our family.
10. After Baby Olinger #3 and the miraculous effects of #2 and #6, I'll have lost so much weigh that I'll need a tummy tuck. OK, so I normally think plastic surgery is for the vain, but I really hate my stretched-out, flabbily-hanging belly. If I lose weight, it's still gonna be there and I'm sort of appalled by this. I think I'll have the plastic surgeon do the tummy tuck and pierce my navel at the same time.
11. Travel. There's so much of this world that I want to see... Of course, Scott dreams of going OFF this world, so he'll likely want to buy a seat on some space mission. Because I nearly have a heart attack watching him balance on the top of a ladder, let alone blasting into space...
12. Drink a glass of lovely wine every night. In a not-an-alcoholic way, of course. But I really am craving a peppery shiraz right now.
14. (I skipped 13 so this can be a luckier list) Learn to play the cello and throw a pot. I think that these are two things at which I might be pretty good.
15. Skate more often. Like taking lessons again. Learn to spin, fer cryin' out loud! I don't really care if I jump, but I think I'd love to ice dance.
16. Buy almost everything in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog. I seriously want those rooms for my kids! Violet Milo Baby #3 or Baby #3
17. Entertain friends in our home. No one can really stay with us right now -- we've got two bedrooms. It would be nice to be able to fly in people we love for a visit...
18. Go to more cultural events. I'm swamped by mommy-guilt and stymied by lack of finances, but I would support the local arts organizations if I spent all day with the kids because I wouldn't feel terrible about leaving them at night. And, if I was rich enough to sneeze $20.00 bills, then affording tickets wouldn't be a worry.
19. Reset my wedding ring. There's an itty-bitty-teenie-weenie-little diamond that fell out of my ring 10 years ago. And got lost. And hasn't been replaced. I'd also do something channel set so that it doesn't double for a weapon anymore.
20. I'd probably stop blogging. Since I'm really a lunch-hour blogger and rarely, if ever, get on the computer when at home with my children.
I dunno... I guess if you enjoy reading my blog you could curse me to never win the lottery. It's OK -- I wouldn't know it was you, anyway... So, let me know -- are you wishing me luck in my endeavor or will you curse me to a lifetime of blogging?